- Wildlilfe Sites Officers
Tel: 01234 364213
Click here for enquiry form
Welcome to the hay page of this website. This page is designed to help:
- Landowners/land-managers find someone to come and cut their meadow for hay.
- Animal owners find suitable baled hay.
- Landowners and land-managers sell baled hay.
So if you need help with any of the above, please register your details, for FREE, by clicking on the relevant forms below and answering some simple questions:
- If you own or manage a meadow and would like to find someone to come and cut it for hay please click here.
- If you are an animal owner in need of hay please register your hay requirements by clicking here.
- If you are a farmer, landowner or land-manager with baled hay for sale, please register your details by clicking here.
Once you have filled in the form and submitted it, it will be emailed automatically to the Wildlife Site Officers who will upload your details onto the hay exchange page of the website. The hay exchange page can be viewed by all potential matches.
|Basic Payment Scheme update|
Paper forms have now been made available for farmers and agents to apply for the new Basic Payment Scheme and the deadline has been extended by a month to June 15. The announcement was made after the Rural Payments Agency (RPA) failed to bring the online system up to full functionality in time to meet the application deadline. The online system will only need to be used for registration. For more information about submitting your claim by June 15 click here.
|Bedfordshire’s 2014 Wild Places Newsletter|
As 2014 is drawing to a close, I thought it was time to produce the sixth ‘Wild Places’ newsletter. This newsletter is produced specifically for owners/managers of wildlife sites in Bedfordshire. The latest edition includes articles on the Rural Development Programme update, traditional orchards, the forthcoming BSBI Plant Atlas 2020 and more. I hope you find it interesting.
|Flora Locale Training Workshops 2015|
Flora Locale are offering a programme of training and demonstration events. Read more
|BCN Wildlife Trust Training Courses|
The Wildlife Trust for Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Northamptonshire is offering a series of training workshops in 2015. These range from species identification to habitat management and practical conservation. Read more