Leaflets and handbooks
- BCN Wildlife Trust’s leaflet on lowland meadows
- BCN Wildlife Trust’s leaflet on lowland calcareous grasslands
- The Lowland Grassland Management Handbook - a joint initiative between The Wildlife Trusts, Natural England, the Countryside Council for Wales and Scottish Natural Heritage. The handbook covers topics such as grazing, mowing and cutting, scrub management, grassland creation, weed control and management for specific species assemblages. It is divided up into 17 chapters which can be viewed individually on Natural England’s website.
- Natural England have produced 'The Scrub Management Handbook: Guidance on the management of scrub on nature conservation sites'
- For information about control of weeds, please see the weed management page.
Match making service
- Hay and meadow matchmaking service is provided by this website. If you are in need of hay for your grazing animals, have hay to sell or have a meadow that needs to be cut for hay, please click here.
- Video produced by the High Weald Meadow Initiative in Sussex on managing a hay meadow.